Monday, April 5, 2010

Starting Out

I'm thrilled that I now have a bag in which to take the donations I've been collecting down to the Dominican Republic (DR). It's been a bit of an issue for me because I have two walkers and they didn't quite fit in my suitcase; I was despairing that I would have to leave one and the other I would use-pretending my foot was broke and take it on the plane that way. Well, my dad solved the problem for me; he lent me a huge canvas boyscout bag that fits the walkers and everything else! Good ole boyscouts!

Next on the agenda for tonight is to get my actual suitcase put together. Clothes. This is not a fashion statement but a professional-volunteer outing with the exception of a weekend on the beach so the packing should be rather easy. SHOULD being the key word. I have this "be prepared" background in me and so I like having something for every contingency. Sigh. Maybe this will take a bit more thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment